Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06 H6 VDC 83K miles,
When I go around a right hand turn the dome light and driver's door open warning light in the dash turn on, I assume the door switch is going bad..
Anyone fixed this before? Is it as simple as getting a new switch from the dealer and swapping it out?
Thanks
Jonathan

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually it might be a left hand turn that causes this.. I'll have to drive it tomorrow to see (wife's car)
Thanks
Jonathan

·
Premium Member
7,529 Posts
06 H6 VDC 83K miles,
When I go around a right hand turn the dome light and driver's door open warning light in the dash turn on, I assume the door switch is going bad..
Anyone fixed this before? Is it as simple as getting a new switch from the dealer and swapping it out?
Thanks
Jonathan
May not be a door switch gone bad after all. Car body/chassis flexes in all kind of turns which may cause the switch to malfunction. Simple remedy is to put some welcro tape on the door (or anything to crate a bump), where the switch touches the door, so that it makes the switch function better.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I had this problem on my 95 OBW and that's exactly how I fixed it. Too funny.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
cracklincrotch
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing