Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to remove the driver side headlight assembly due to a pheasant bouncing off of it and breaking the tab that bolts headlight to the body near fender:28:. Any help with removal process would be awesome as well as any suggestions on good strong products that might repair break so I dont have to purchase the over $300:gasp: headlight assembly lol! Thanks guys!

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
You'll need to remove the front bumper cover. It's pretty easy, using mostly plastic clips. There is a how-to post somewhere on this forum. Plan 2-3 hours your first time, to allow for going slowly and not breaking anything. Once you've done it, it's pretty quick and easy.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,323 Posts
I deleted your other 2 identical threads.

Please do not create multiple identical threads in different forums.

·
Registered
2011 2.5i Steel Silver Metallic, Limited , Moonroof
125 Posts
Just make sure that once you have the bumper off and are removing the bolts that hold it in, the top bolt along the fender wing has a plastic locator push pin next to it that needs to be removed.I missed that after removing all of the bolts and just pulled and broke the pin off. Although reading your description it sounds like that whole tab has already broken off.

If you are looking for threads you might find some good info in the "HID headlight install" DIY guides and threads. Guys describe the bumper and headlight housing removal process pretty well. The bumper takes about 15 minutes to take off your first time. Just make sure you have somewhere soft to set it so you don't scratch it up. The process isn't as daunting as it sounds.

·
Registered
'13 OB, Black, SAP
271 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Outback 2.5i
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for all the help and especially the pages out of the service manual! It dawned on me that I could try plastic welding this ear back on the headlight, went to Harbor Freight, bought $15.00 el cheapo plastic weld kit, 20 minutes later it may not look as pretty but working like a champ! Saved me a little over $300, cant believe I didn't think of it before I posted for help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
JCBERB, can you please re-link the documents you posted for removal of bumper and headlight assembly? I need to replace my passenger side headlight but couldn't find any detail instructions on how to do it. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
anyone know the quickest/best way to access the windshield washer reservoir tank on a 2010 Outback? Mouse ate the hose, so I need access to where the hose meets the tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts