Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium M6, 19mm,
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The drivers side window goes down fine but when I have it go up it just goes up about a inch and instantly back down. If if fiddle with it for a while I can get it back up. I tried the procedures from the manual and also talked about in the sticky with no change. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, 2013 Outback Lim SAP 270K, 2003 Outback Lim MT 2.5L, 241K..
2,182 Posts
I have had both directional issues with this at different times. When I first got the car - the window got stuck down as you described. It turned out is was the rubber gasket around the window frame. It wasnt obvious - it looked fine to me - and when I took it in - they said they just had to get it seated properly.
Ive had the window not go down too - goes a little and comes back up - it was something that came loose in the door (some insulation).
Something is hindering it just a bit - probably the gasket. hope you figure it out!

·
Registered
5 Posts
just changed the plugs ( and all the associated things for 100k tune up) on our 2013 outback and when I picked up i realized that they had to disconnect the battery
and we had lost all our clock and radio settings. BUT then I realized that the driver window was acting funny .
The auto going down only worked if held down the entire time...going back up was the 1" increment that I have read about before. WTF ? Help please.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
just changed the plugs ( and all the associated things for 100k tune up) on our 2013 outback and when I picked up i realized that they had to disconnect the battery
and we had lost all our clock and radio settings. BUT then I realized that the driver window was acting funny .
The auto going down only worked if held down the entire time...going back up was the 1" increment that I have read about before. WTF ? Help please.
try this:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts