Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was curious- Is there a way to disable the door ajar alert chimes? We recently transported a table which hung out the back, and every time we started moving after a stoplight, the alert would chime for one minute following. We have been stumped about how to disable it. Anyone have any tips?

Model: 2017 Subaru Outback

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5, Ice Silver
893 Posts
Interesting, I drove home from REI the other day with it open the other day and had no alarms going on. Maybe I had disarmed previously,,,, you may want to check owners manual!

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts
I was curious- Is there a way to disable the door ajar alert chimes? We recently transported a table which hung out the back, and every time we started moving after a stoplight, the alert would chime for one minute following. We have been stumped about how to disable it. Anyone have any tips?

Model: 2017 Subaru Outback
When you want to intentionally run around, risking CO poisoning (avoid it by opening driver's door window I believe), you can snap the latch on the door with a small screwdriver about the same diameter as the latch in the cargo area just above the bumper.

You will have to *unlatch* it before closing the hatch or you may damage the hatch latch mechanism.

There are threads in these forums on how to disable the beeping, though, generally they are car-camping and no CO poisoning would occur.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,305 Posts
Interesting, I drove home from REI the other day with it open the other day and had no alarms going on. Maybe I had disarmed previously,,,, you may want to check owners manual!
maybe your car is just too old,

or your hatch was closed just enough you got no noise.

_____-

hope everyone opens their windows, and moon roof if they have one.

I have hauled ladders and still get a exhaust stink. (probably best to start out with a fully hot engine = hot cat converters).

·
Registered
2016 OB 3.6R WGM
151 Posts
I regularly bungee my trash\recycling bins to the lock and drive them up to the house. I , don't get any beeping, but I don't get above 5mph. I also have my seat belt chime disabled tho...

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Outback
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you want to intentionally run around, risking CO poisoning (avoid it by opening driver's door window I believe), you can snap the latch on the door with a small screwdriver about the same diameter as the latch in the cargo area just above the bumper.

You will have to *unlatch* it before closing the hatch or you may damage the hatch latch mechanism.

There are threads in these forums on how to disable the beeping, though, generally they are car-camping and no CO poisoning would occur.
@huggy_d1 - you saved the day! Rather than using a screwdriver, my husband wedged part of a hook into the mechanism, and like magic- no more alert chimes. We know that the Outback was built as a versatile vehicle, but you can imagine 45 minutes of off and on door adjar chimes would be enough to make anyone go mad! We appreciate everyone's help!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drove home about 30 minutes with the hatch open with a large item sticking out. Chimed when I was above about 5mph, it would eventually shut off, but it took a few minutes. It will re chime for a moment if you drop below 5mph for long enough and accelerate again.

Would love an option to cancel this, Don't want to be making trips to the hardware store with the annoying chime for minutes on end.

FWIW- This is on the 2018 as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2017 Forester (Limited- probably doesn't matter) and the beep never quits, ever. I drove shy of 30 minutes at freeway speed and the alarm will not quit. Popping open the square plastic panel, I'm 90% sure I've located the speaker that makes the racket but I don't think clipping that wire is a good idea...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts