Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
Using Google it looks like it has something to do with the left front solenoid of your ABS. Has the ABS light come on or do you feel any brake fade?

If you are still under warranty you should take it to the dealership. If not, check the sensors on your left front wheel. Perhaps a ground fault or failed solenoid.

·
Registered
18,174 Posts
"P0700 Transmission Control System (MIL Request)"

This is a code indicating that the transmission on-board-diagnostics system (transmission control module) has detected a fault, and wants to get your attention. So it signals the engine control module to turn on the Check Engine Light ("MIL").

P0700 doesn't identify the area of the problem in the transmission. If there isn't another code (or codes) shown along with the P0700, then a code reader capable of communicating with the CVT transmission control module is needed to read the specific transmission code(s) that triggered the P0700.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 2.5i Limited
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't have ABS light or any brake fade. Plan to have them check brakes on next oil change as I have 50,000 plus miles on car.
Thanks for info

·
Registered
1 Posts
Code C0700??

I've Got Code C0700 on my 2008 subaru legacy. Can't find the code in the shop manual??? ABS light, ER55 lights up, fan runs, then it clears and comes back in a few days.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Convenience
1,317 Posts
Don't have ABS light or any brake fade. Plan to have them check brakes on next oil change as I have 50,000 plus miles on car.
Thanks for info
Do update this with what the dealer said it was/did. I have a couple tech manuals and there is no such code listed in them....
Hopefully you're still in the 5-year window for the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Limited
963 Posts
+1 what plain OM said.

This is not an ABS related code, but rather a cue to the technician to perform the basic diagnostics on the transmission as listed in the FSM (both the CVT and the standard auto tranny can throw this code). Without a "Subaru Select Monitor" equivalent scanner you'll be hard pressed to find the actual issue when this code is thrown (short of trial-and-error diagnostics like checking all electrical ground connections to the tranny, make sure wiring harness connectors are snug and not corroded, etc).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts