Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2005 18psi supercharged U5 Outback w/207k+ miles
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on cubby replacement dual gauge pod.

I settled on AEM AFR and AEM Oil pressure 0-100psi. Hopefully that was the right gauge since I've heard oil pressure can go right up to 100 psi , but I thought 0-100 would be more useful than 0-150psi.

I have the radio and cubby out now, that was easy, just need to remember to hook up all of those connectors.

Does anyone have suggestions on where to run wires both for the AFR and oil pressure.

Would the AFR would go all the way up to the engine bay and in through the same hole as the oil pressure sender, or would it go up into the car somewhere near the shifter?

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any ideas? I found a nice big rubber circle plug on passenger side but it seems too high. I can't figure out where it goes or comes out.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,151 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - do you have those small pitch stop grommets in stock? Do you know where those holes come out on the inside?

·
Master Caster
16,151 Posts
Thanks - do you have those small pitch stop grommets in stock? Do you know where those holes come out on the inside?
I have them in stock, I can turn anything around in a day even if not.

I do NOT know where they punch out inside the car. My guess, right behind the cubby. They are used for gauge wiring in the LGT and SpecB if you opt for factory gauge package. I gave up trying to get my cubby out and just ran all of my wiring through the clutch master cylinder grommet.

$10 shipped, color of your choice for the 2 little ones.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, I ended up going through the A/C drain hole. Those other holes are way too small for the connectors to fit through unfortunately.

·
Master Caster
16,151 Posts
thanks, I ended up going through the A/C drain hole. Those other holes are way too small for the connectors to fit through unfortunately.
Connectors? They would - Disconnect? Right?

Just kidding. Like I said, they seem hard to access unless you are building the car.

Odd, I sold (2) kits off ebay in the last (4) days. Bump I guess.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stock sender and stock adapter came out very easily, just needed a few different socket sizes. For the stock sender, I had to bent the connector spade down to fit a shallow 23mm(?) or 24mm(?) socket on there. The other one was small more normal size like 17/18 I think.

AEM sender fit just perfectly in the dummy light sensor location. I did not even have to remove the alternator (just loosened belt and bolts). Only trick was I didn't have a 27mm deep socket to tighten the AEM sender. I used a 15/16 open wrench though and that seemed fine. I used an 1/8 NPT adapter from Pro gauges and tightened just to 25 lb ft.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just checked the manual for oil pressure. Seems like I am fine.

Standard
88 kPa (0.9 kg/cm2, 13 psi) or more at 800
rpm
294 kPa (3.0 kg/cm2, 43 psi) or more at
5,000 rpm

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AFR is "pre wired" but not hooked up yet. Kind of weird that the AFR defaults to 14.7. It should default to --- or 000. I am planning to put the wideband in my 5th o2 sensor location which is behind the 3rd cat once the 2 headers join up. Already loosened this o2 easily.

Lost my garage for the week so I will probably wait until I Can get back in there to throw it on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts