Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5i (previously 2007 2.5i)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, new Soob driver, with an '07 OBW

Any tips / tricks for dulling or covering the metal interior trim, ie the square around the transmission shifter base panel; the logo on the steering wheel - But something that won't damage the finish and is removable?

Getting sun glare and reflections while driving is getting annoying. I had thought about getting non-glare vinyl but I'd hate to remove the pieces or damage the finish.

(apologies if there's already a topic about it, just joined the forum and still sifting through it all)

·
Registered
'05 OBXT
453 Posts
I actually haven't seen this posted but I agree. Sun hits that stupid shifter bezel and HELLO!

I've considered removing it and the other shiny pieces and painting them a satin black with epoxy paint (Duracoat)

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,388 Posts
Plastidip if you remove them.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
It is just paint so only option is to paint them with something that makes you happy. You can't buff them to dull the shine given all your doing is damaging the paint etc.

·
Registered
05 OUtback XT
40 Posts
if youre really cheap or want to keep it silver but not shiny, sandpaper willl do it, use a fine grit and make sure you do it evenly so you dont sand down to the plastic

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
3M Clearbra has a flat finish and is removable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts