Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went through one of the most irritating, time-consuming repairs I have ever done. The little hose that lives behind my PS pump blew itself up. This happened THREE DAYS after I had everything broken down to replace the tensioner pulley. This hose lives behind the PS pump (of course) so I tore it all down AGAIN! Replacing this part was the very definition of misery. It is now completed. The part was not in stock at ANY dealer in North America...no lie!! Anyway, the fix is complete, I hope, and I have now become brain dead. I cannot remember which way to lever the tensioner to provide slack. Been to all the stickys unsuccessfully. Tell me which way to move the pulley so I can put the drive belt back on. Told you it was a stupid question. Thanks. 02 H6 OBW.

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,947 Posts
Down and to the left when you are facing the engine.

You put a wrench on the pulley bolt and turn as though you are tightening the bolt, but this only works well with the wrench at certain angles.

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. I can't believe I didn't remember how. Owned the car for 11 years now and even did it 3 days ago! Us old folks have CRS really bad, glad to be a part of this website!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts