Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello:

Posted a thread a few months back about a disturbing vibration / binding sound that had developed in the rear of my 97 Oz model outback when making tight turns a slow speeds. Well after investigating and considering all the possible causes and solutions it would seem that the problem has been narrowed down to a faulty 'Duty C Solenoid'. My Outback will be going to have this part replaced some time in the next few weeks so once the work is down the the results accessed I'll post the outcome as I have read a number of threads posted that mention a similar problem to what I have been experiencing, refered to as transmission binding.

Troy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bad Vibrations

If you want to get rid of that bad vibration that has developed in the rear quater of your subaru then get your transmission looked as you may find you have a faulty Duty C Sol. These things help manage the traction so when one goes vibrations in slow turns can be the first indication that something is wrong.
Cost? Well in Australia it cost me about 350 big ones to get the job done at my local subaru dealer.

Troy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
1 Participant
troy
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing