Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any reason I would need to fix the e brake ? The light went off related to the e brake but to fix it, the cost will be 600-800$. I live in Florida so flat land. I’ve never used a e brake or parking brake. The outback gets about 5000 miles per year.

Are there any consequences to letting the light stay on? The rest of the braking system was diagnosed and found to be good.

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,173 Posts
Your state's safety inspection may require it (if your state has one). Regardless, it is in the state's list of required equipment for a vehicle so technically you would have a non-compliant car.
There is an extended warranty for the module. 15 years. If you got a quote for the repair from the dealer, I'm surprised it didn't come up.
The recall notice also mentions an extended warranty for the automatics.

The SOA STIS technical information site is now listing the following TSB

06-71-19Technical Service BulletinElectric Parking Brake Assembly Warranty ExtensionSep 16, 2019

My first car did not have a functioning parking brake. It was a hassle getting it inspected so I could get it registered, but I lived with it like that for 3 years. But I was also a teenager at the time so I was indestructible. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow. Glad I checked here. I had the car looked at by the local garage not the dealership. When I looked online it didn’t appear there was anything that covered my e brake but it sounds like a common and known problem. Mine is a 2011 outback 2.5 cvt.

sounds like the cvt is under warranty if I take it to the dealer. Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts