Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Outback 2.0XT, Audi TTq, Ducati M750
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for steering wheel audio controls for the 2005-6 (and 2007?) wheels, I know the 2008-9 wheels had audio controls, but I also know they aren't compatible. The best I found was http://opposedforces.com/parts/lega...tronic/switch_instrumentpanel/illustration_3/ and this LL Bean wheel on eBay 2005 Subaru Legacy Outback MOMO Steering Wheel & audio and Cruise Control OEM | eBay so even though I can't find the part number listed for the audio controls I know they exist, can someone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
Fresh Out of Outbacks!
14,495 Posts

It's not clear what the term "satellite" means in this microfiche. It could mean cars with satellite radio- meaning this is audio controls. It could also mean that these are the steering wheel shifter buttons, being referred to as satellite switches topologically. I wouldn't count on the pictures being accurate with regards to button count & arrangement.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, that was what threw me, I know the 3.0/LL Bean got the controls but that picture clearly shows shifter buttons. I'll keep digging, or maybe I'll just get a normal blank wheel from a manual car...

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Ltd Obsidian Black 5MT
1,080 Posts
I retrofitted a steering wheel with controls to my car that had no steering wheel controls at all. The wheel was from an '07 I believe. Wasn't hard. As far as the part numbers for the control pods themselves... I know I saw them listed somewhere. I'll take a stab at finding them again.

I still have my controlless steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
And it appears the term "satellite" in Subarueese refers to any switch that is on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome, that makes sense, a "satellite" is anything that is an extension/companion of something else. Thank you good sir!

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
1,170 Posts
The 05 LL Bean has the Momo wheel with audio controls. There are 6 buttons, (3 per side). It is a single wire, resistance based system.

·
Registered
2001 Subaru Outback 2.5L 5 Speed Manual.
82 Posts
I retrofitted a steering wheel with controls to my car that had no steering wheel controls at all. The wheel was from an '07 I believe. Wasn't hard. As far as the part numbers for the control pods themselves... I know I saw them listed somewhere. I'll take a stab at finding them again.

I still have my controlless steering wheel.
What did you have to do to retro this? I have an 05 Outback XT and I am thinking of buying the radio and steering wheel from a 09 Outback Legacy. Do you know what would be entailed to get the steering wheel controls working?

Also, since the cruise buttons are different, do you know if they will plug in and be functional, or if I have to modify them as well?

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts