Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 OBW 3.0R Limited (5EAT) w/ lift & other mods
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
easy question for someone with a 2006/2007 2.5i Limited "grey leather" interior

According to cars101.com, Legacy/OBW 2.5i Limited models had the option for a "grey leather" interior. My question to anyone who has one is simple: are the door cards and dash the same black ("off black") color as a "charcoal leather" interior? Is the only color difference the seats themselves?

I've been hoping to find a true "gray" interior (i.e., not black except possibly the upper dash) in a 2005-2007 model year, to use for a full interior swap, but I strongly suspect there was no such thing, just different seats. Just trying to get a confirmation -- I much prefer gray over black, but it appears I'm SOL on that one.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,553 Posts
Some era-correct literature would solve this, but Subaru's part system doesn't list a "gray" option. Just the "...JC" and "....WA" part numbers for LGT/OBXT.

But I think it's an over-exposed picture showing "gray".

·
Registered
2009 OBW 3.0R Limited (5EAT) w/ lift & other mods
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The cars101 2007 photos page has a picture of the gray leather seats and door card down at the very bottom of the page; did you miss this?

2007 Subaru Outback photographs, inside and out.
Those are the same, just different lighting.
I've looked at that as well as extensively at salvage yard pics and Google image search, and the conclusion I came to was that "at best" it was inconclusive because of the lighting varying so much from shot to shot. For example, the cars101 pic was taken with a flash, which overexposed the plastic trim and makes it look gray, even if it's actually black.

All that is why I'm asking here for someone who owns one of these cars and can tell me "yes it's definitely gray" or "no, there's only black". I'm going to conclude from what I already suspected and what the two other replies corroborated, that there was no gray option for anything except the seats. Looks like it's black or nothing for all the non-seat lower trim. Which is a bummer but what can ya do?

Thanks for your input, everyone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts