Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R Limited, Gray on Black
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right, then...

I swear I did a search on this, so apologies to the person that finds the existing thread in under 15 seconds...

I like the JDM Grille, but $400 is a tad steep. Looking for an existing one on eBay, I found this

It *looks* good, and if it's not complete garbage, it's $200...but I just don't know...

s-l500b.jpg

s-l500a.jpg

s-l500.jpg

Anyone else see these? If I get enough beer in me, I could convince myself to take one for the team and try it out, but wanted to make sure I don't repeat someone else's mistake.

Thankx.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll buy you a beer if you buy it and report back.
I once bought a boat - sight unseen - because my brother told me about it after I had a *few* gin and tonics. Point being: Don't tempt me :grin2:

·
Registered
2016 2.5 outback limited
166 Posts
if its the one looked at, t dosent have mounting holes pre drilled out. bad enough you gotta take the entire front bumper off, id at least want some holes pre drilled. also, if its fiberglass id be a little skeptical, as it could need sanding and prep work for painting.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I was thinking about that..if I had to pay to get it sprayed (something more than just plastidip) then that would eat into savings. However, if one desired, then it could be colormatched to the body.

As for your handle - I assume that's your HAM callsign?

·
Registered
2016 2.5 outback limited
166 Posts
yes it is, been one for 8 years. my wife and son are also HAMs.

as for the grill, ive been thinking of just getting a used on and dipping it. i want the jdm grill, but way to rich for my blood. i belong to a subie group, and im the only wagon, so standing out is what i want to do, i just to cheap..lol. 500 is a big chunk toward lifting the car.

·
Registered
17 Outback Ltd
89 Posts
If you're looking to get the JDM grille cheaper just look for used ones. I got mine from crooober only $320 shipped, it takes persistence but deals can be found if you look hard enough

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited
30 Posts

·
Registered
'18 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Nav
2,812 Posts
I definitely would NOT buy it. The seller has 96.6% positive feedback and is in Hong Kong. Also, the seller shows an imprecise estimated arrival, which indicates overall sloppiness. You are likely to be disappointed, and returning it will be a pain in the ass.

You should look for sellers that have 99.5% positive feedback and guaranteed shipping within 4 days. I have never been disappointed by such sellers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts