Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
green and gold 1998 Outback
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened across an EJ208, twin turbo 2.0 from a BE5 Japanese Legacy, and plan to swap it into my '98 Outback. My 2.5 has some pretty wicked piston slap when "cold" so I figure it's days a numbered. Anyone, the twin turbo engine is coming in a front clip, so wiring and the ECU shouldn't be an issue. The only other area of concern I've read about is the cross-member clearance, and the clutch master cylinder, which shouldn't be an issue since I have an automatic. I know I'll need a new exhaust system run, but does anyone else have any tips or things I need to be mindful of? I'd love to say I'm doing this swap in my own garage, but my time is pretty limited right now, and I don't have the garage to work in.

I've already installed King lifting springs and Rallitek rear sway bar and links, plus drilled and slotted front rotors and performance pads. She's fun in the corners, and can tackle most of the desert trails here in Southern Arizona, but the motor leaves me wanting. Especially with the severe hesitation and knocking while the motor is cold.

·
Registered
green and gold 1998 Outback
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, striking out on my own it looks. Perhaps someone has upgraded their Outback to an STi brake booster, and can tell me the dimensions of it? The turbo will interfere with the booster, but the steering linkage does not look to be an issue as some people fear.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts