• Not going to bother with it

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what IS the difference on Barack vs Romney? Nothing much...ho hum Congress never wants to rock the boat and only seems to care about their Big $ donors while the average Joe gets ripped off.

Why only NOW do all of sudden does Congress act they care about all our millions of jobs that have shipped off to Commie-China slave labor sweatshops?
Gee where were they 10 years ago taking a nap?

Barry's last name got censored on the poll LOL

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yes, there is a huge difference. The problem is that ANY President has limited powers, especially over the economy. He can only do what Congress is willing to do for him. The President would have accomplished a great deal more if any Republicans had been willing to work with him. On his first day in office, the Republican Congressional leadership met and took an oath to prevent anything to help the economy in order to stop the President's re-election. Instead, they would block anything that would make the President look good. Early in his term, the Senate lost just enough Democrats to allow the R's to filibuster anything they want, and they have. To put political power over the welfare of the country is unconscionable, and they should not be rewarded for it.

As for Mr. Romney, which one will govern? The self described "severely conservative" who wants to benefit the rich so that wealth will supposedly trickle down to the rest of us. Or will the moderate that suddenly appeared in the last couple of weeks be the Romney that shows up to work? At his core Romney is a wealthy guy that will protect the wealthy and let us drown. Trickle down is baloney and has always been. Businesses hire more people due to increased demand for products and services, not because they have extra money in their pocket. Big business is already having record profits and yet they aren't hiring now.

We had eight years of the same economic policies from Bush. What did it get us? A recession and near monetary collapse. Mr. Romney is using many of Bush's advisor's on both the economy and foreign affairs, since they did so well the first time. The current President has good advisor's and he can improve the economy, but only if we give him a Congress that will work with him.

Don't buy into the idea that the deficit is the cause for our ills. It isn't. If Paul Ryan has much influence and they start slashing the federal budget to lower the deficit, then we will fall back into recession or worse. The deficit can be reduced, but only after the economy strengthens.

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Q: Tax returns?

A: Two years is all "you people" need to know.

...yep, that's all I need to know.

Looby

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
My candidate is not represented in the poll above. Hmmm... SOme Republican bias here?

I'm a government contractor (beltway bandit) and have been since 1987. I've seen a lot of folks come and go inside the beltway. Until recently I worked on-site for several federal agencies in DC and Northern VA. The only consistency I've witnessed in those 25 years has been that the folks on the bottom of the totem pole do 20 times the work of the GS 16s whose only concern is to find enough funding to keep their jobs. Follow the money.

Same ****, different administration. I'm disillusioned with the myth that one candidate is better than the other - Hope and Change - Save America - blah blah blah. Once a good, decent, honest, hard working, compassionate, dedicated, driven, optimistic, idealist gets inside the beltway they are eaten alive by the machine that is Washington DC. Follow the money.

When I was growing up in the 60's and 70's there was a common conspiracy theory that half a dozen people actually ran the entire country. Thanks to Super PACS, that is closer to true than ever. Follow the money.

OhBama truly does seem to care more about the middle class - of which I am still one. Romney really does have more business experience. But once in DC they will both have to move to the center to survive. Sound cynical? Follow the money.

Meanwhile my 12 year old Subaru with 158,000 miles on it still seems pretty reliable thanks to all of the work I put into it. If I ever decide to sell or trade it, I'll tell the new owner - to see what it's really worth... follow the money .

·
Registered
196 Posts
It will be a COLD day in he-ll, when I believe a single word out of that weasel Romney's mouth. First he was so liberal a Gov in MA might as well call him a Dem. Now he is polar opposite? What a joke. He simply buried all of his opponents in the Republican Primary with $.

I share DavidPeab's cynicism about how no matter who is in charge nothing really changes due to the same old political pressures decade after decade. Just like he said, follow the $.

Mostly annoyed with Congress and my deadbeat completely useless Congressman here in my Partisan hardcore conservative District. I don't think this Congressional District has EVER voted for a Dem. Not that I love Dem's either but certainly better than this useless clown in my District.

·
Super Moderator
12,108 Posts
Aw man, do we really need a politics thread on a car board?
No we do not.

ANY attacks on other members, their political beliefs, or on the candidates themselves and this thread is gone.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I got scared when I saw I might be the only Republican on the board.

Having said that I agree that the President can't really make policy. The President can however make or divide groups. I've seen more division in the last 4 years than I saw in the previous 8, or even the 8 before that.

I know some will head slap when they read my post, it's a agree to disagree thing. ;)

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it's interesting that Barry got a ton of Republicans to vote for him last time and he sincerely wanted to Unite not Divide. Then the Republicans got so worried about losing so much power...they had no choice but to fight Barry every single step of the way and as Mitch said #1 agenda is to defeat him.

That meant Barry got absolutely zero support because the Republicans could not lose any more political power than they already did in '08. The result was this horrible gridlock and toxic Partisanship we have now.

The last time both parties took care of business and worked together sincerely was when Reagan was President and Dem's had control of Congress. Now with the Secrecy behind the Supreme Court Citizen's "United" (odd name) decision...we are seeing a wave of $ never seen before...with anonymous sources. Who knows where the $ is from probably China.

The devastation of sending millions of jobs to China...nobody even bothered to mention until the past few months of election season. And some politicians think that's fine like that even though those people in China are literally being worked to death...12 hours days, only 1 day off per month, slave labor conditions. Nobody even cares.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Well it's interesting that Barry got a ton of Republicans to vote for him last time and he sincerely wanted to Unite not Divide. Then the Republicans got so worried about losing so much power...they had no choice but to fight Barry every single step of the way and as Mitch said #1 agenda is to defeat him.

That meant Barry got absolutely zero support because the Republicans could not lose any more political power than they already did in '08. The result was this horrible gridlock and toxic Partisanship we have now.

The last time both parties took care of business and worked together sincerely was when Reagan was President and Dem's had control of Congress. Now with the Secrecy behind the Supreme Court Citizen's "United" (odd name) decision...we are seeing a wave of $ never seen before...with anonymous sources. Who knows where the $ is from probably China.

The devastation of sending millions of jobs to China...nobody even bothered to mention until the past few months of election season. And some politicians think that's fine like that even though those people in China are literally being worked to death...12 hours days, only 1 day off per month, slave labor conditions. Nobody even cares.
How true, oh how true it is!

I think that more than 1/2 of america is unhappy with both choices. I consider myself an unhappy Republican, unhappy with my own party.

·
Registered
396 Posts
This is funny. The 300 forum I'm on is pretty evenly split as far as politics go, but the lx forum that caters primarily to SRT8 owners is a fair deal more conservative. Enter the Outback forum and it's exactly what I'd expect lol.

Barack has my vote again (already voted). I agree with him on social issues, mostly agree with him on economic issues, and -above all- believe him to be a genuine man that honestly cares about everyone in this country.
I can't say that about Mittens. I think he's a vulture capitalist with a past to hide (which he hides it well) and we know how he feels about 47% of the country. As far as I'm concerned, he and his magic underwear can take a flying leap.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
i was wondering if any subaru owner would actually vote for romney. i'm shocked that even 1 person selected him. every thing he stands for seems to be the opposite of what the "quirky" buyers of subarus seem to want. i just dont like liars or those who say things to be accepted...

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
Why would you assume that? Lots of R's voted for O -- and will again.

...jus sayin'

Looby

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Why would you assume that? Lots of R's voted for O -- and will again.

...jus sayin'

Looby
And I'm just troll'n.

:29:

If everyone agreed on everything, life would be really boring. Think of the crappy cars we would have... or awesome cars... hmmm.

·
Registered
415 Posts
During the depth of the crisis they were adamant about being the party of no just to make sure the man in office did not get re-elected. No regard for the welfare of the country, only their agenda. I know exactly who I don't want running this country again.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

Having said that I agree that the President can't really make policy. The President can however make or divide groups. I've seen more division in the last 4 years than I saw in the previous 8, or even the 8 before that.

I know some will head slap when they read my post, it's a agree to disagree thing. ;)
You're not the only one!

It's just about the only Outback owner stereotype that I don't fit into. I'm not religious but I'm very conservative in just about every other way. Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of Mitt, but I could never vote for *****--I disagree with the vast majority of his views. Really wish Johnson had a shot or writing in Ron Paul was a reasonable decision. Either one is a better option.

·
Registered
196 Posts
You're not the only one!

It's just about the only Outback owner stereotype that I don't fit into. I'm not religious but I'm very conservative in just about every other way. Truth be told, I'm not a huge fan of Mitt, but I could never vote for *****--I disagree with the vast majority of his views. Really wish Johnson had a shot or writing in Ron Paul was a reasonable decision. Either one is a better option.
Yeah I kind of like Ron Paul too and agree with him on some issues. Although his voting record does not match his talk. Also he advocates gutting Education spending to the point where Public schools will virtually cease to exist. So they want to privatize Education, Social Security and Medicare...that is the real agenda.

Ron Paul is one of the brave few though from either Party that had to guts to call out the War on Drugs and War on Terror as failures. We're going bankrupt past 40 years putting people in jail for using drugs with addiction issues not criminal issues. War on Terror is Neo-Con war hawks wet dream for unlimited spending on defense and spying on our own people. Ron Paul was mocked and ridiculed during the Primary as the only one that had the guts to be different from the same ole same old Republican establishment.

You can bet the house that if Romney does win, the first thing he and his entourage will do is start war in Syria, Iran, and every place else to justify another $1 Trillion in spending. We haven't even finished paying for Iraq/Afgan?

End both War on Drugs and War on Terror...budget is fixed. There are much cheaper ways to wage both "wars"

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Yeah I kind of like Ron Paul too and agree with him on some issues. Although his voting record does not match his talk. Also he advocates gutting Education spending to the point where Public schools will virtually cease to exist. So they want to privatize Education, Social Security and Medicare...that is the real agenda.

Ron Paul is one of the brave few though from either Party that had to guts to call out the War on Drugs and War on Terror as failures. We're going bankrupt past 40 years putting people in jail for using drugs with addiction issues not criminal issues. War on Terror is Neo-Con war hawks wet dream for unlimited spending on defense and spying on our own people. Ron Paul was mocked and ridiculed during the Primary as the only one that had the guts to be different from the same ole same old Republican establishment.

You can bet the house that if Romney does win, the first thing he and his entourage will do is start war in Syria, Iran, and every place else to justify another $1 Trillion in spending. We haven't even finished paying for Iraq/Afgan?

End both War on Drugs and War on Terror...budget is fixed. There are much cheaper ways to wage both "wars"
I'm also relatively young (20), so needless to say my views aren't popular among people my age in this area.

I agree with you on the war on terror and drugs...at the risk of generalizing too much (maybe I'm evil), if people are using drugs they're probably not that bright anyway...natural selection can take its course.

I hate to use the cliche, but it's a lesser of two evils sort of thing--in many ways they're not all that different. For example, I really dislike the health care reform bill that ***** has spent tons of time on, but that said what Romney did in MA wasn't all that different and I disagree with that too. I'll never understand why it's apparently so horrible to oppose recent changes like forcing insurance companies to provide free contraception to women. Sorry, but that's NOT a necessity and one way or another I end up paying for it (probably through insurance premiums, which are already expensive when I realize I don't actually use it because I haven't seen a doctor in longer than I can remember--and my employer pays 85%!). But, I suppose it's necessary. Waiting until you get sick to have health insurance would be like waiting until you get into a car crash to have auto insurance.

No point expressing all my views--especially since I'm in the minority here as well! :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
17 Participants
jogosub
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing