Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, my 2006 Outback has kept the accessory circuit hot at all times. Turn off the engine, remove the key and still the radio plays, clock display is on, GPS powered by cigarette lighter keeps operating, phone charger in the console power socket continues to pass electrons to my smartphone. Last night my new battery was depleted with everything I could think of turned off. I am guessing a relay is stuck but cannot find the culprit. Any suggestions ?:frown2:

·
Registered
18,168 Posts
Front and rear wipers and washers -- do they work when the ignition is off? If yes, then the problem isn't a relay (the "Accessory Relay"). It's more likely a faulty ignition switch or a short somewhere in the wiring.

When the ignition is in the ACC position, power is supplied through the ignition switch directly to individual circuits such as the wipers, and to other circuits, such as the radio and vanity mirror lights, and the accessory power outlets, through a relay. If the relay is faulty, then circuits that are not powered by the relay, such as the wipers would not work. But if the problem is with the ACC position of the switch, or a short, then circuits powered through the relay and those powered directly from the ACC terminal would work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts