Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I just purchased a 2017 Outback Limited at the end of June and still am well within my 100% paid parts and service from the dealer. It only had 7,000 miles and the carfax was clean. Looked like it was mostly a dealer car.

While driving in the rain I noticed my clock wasn't changing the time. I figured out that my GPS was out so that was why the clock wasn't moving. It took a few hours of driving in sunshine for it to come back and sync up. I attributed it to a strange but annoying problem and didn't worry about it.

However, another rain storm a few weeks later and my dash lights came on: NO LANE CHANGE, NO BRAKE ASSIST and NO Eyesight.

So, something is not right. Is there anyone who had a similar experience? I have an appointment at the dealer on Monday, is there anything I should make sure they look at or fix?

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Is there moisture under your front floor mats? It's possible that your car had a windshield replacement and has an imperfect seal.

Could also check for moisture near the eyesight assembly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its was raining today and I just checked the front floor mats. It doesn't seem like there is any moisture inside the car. It certainly smells fine, no musty meldwey smell at all. But, I did find a small scratch on the drivers side near the window. I'm gonna try to attach it.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,315 Posts
My thoughts is a battery. It's 3+ yrs old and did not get driven regularly. When you go to the dealer ask for a new battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I will keep in mind tomorrow. Another thing I found strange is the gas mileage. I was expecting around 26 with it being summer and the A/C is always on, but I only got 24. Is this normal?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts