'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This guy will never live this down.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,478 Posts
Saw that. A racer spun in the same spot about 30 some laps in, there is a slight bump after the corner. The whole track is rather rough, it is Detroit.
and it would not have happened if they busted out Subaru SVX Vin #2. (the finest pace car EVER).

·
Registered
Outbrat XT, Foz, 3.0R Limited
4,603 Posts
and it would not have happened if they busted out Subaru SVX Vin #2. (the finest pace car EVER).
Debatable, with 755hp and an overly proud executive behind the wheel anything can happen.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
Saw that. A racer spun in the same spot about 30 some laps in, there is a slight bump after the corner. The whole track is rather rough, it is Detroit.
I grew up in the Detroit area, I can confirm from experience.

In the late 90's Mom warned me when I was going to visit that a certain section of interstate in Detroit was in such bad condition they had to shut it down for a bit due to it destroying cars.

US 24 AKA Telegraph Road in Detroit is very rough, boundy road, but that doesn't stop people from doing 70 mph bumper-to-bumper on it in rush hour, assuming you and your car can take it.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,669 Posts
Why was stability control disabled?

It's been a standard feature since at least the C5. I'm sure it's there in the C7.

Prototype or demo model used? Prideful executive?

I'm sure the tabloids will find out soon enough.

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
Why was stability control disabled?

It's been a standard feature since at least the C5. I'm sure it's there in the C7.

Prototype or demo model used? Prideful executive?

I'm sure the tabloids will find out soon enough.
My guess is that someone else did some pre run track runs with it goofing off and fooling with the nanny controls then passed it off to the Executive without resetting the nanny to prevent exactly what happened. The nanny would have chopped power the second the rear started to break traction and it would have never been even a commentator comment. Instead he lit up the rear tires and spun it right into a wall. LOL

·
Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,352 Posts
You'd be surprised at how many time even top-notch retired Indy car drivers have spun/slid off the track/hit another car with the pace car!

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
602 Posts
I think I read a book about the Corvette... was it "Unsafe at any speed"?

Oh, that was the Chevy Corvair.. not the Chevy Corvette.. There was one thing in common, they were both Chevy's

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Crystal White Pearl with Ivory Cloth, with Eyesight and self dimming outside mirrors.
359 Posts
I think I read a book about the Corvette... was it "Unsafe at any speed"?

Oh, that was the Chevy Corvair.. not the Chevy Corvette.. There was one thing in common, they were both Chevy's
I worked with a guy that would delight in telling people he had two Vettes. CHEvettes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts