Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have over looked it in the threads. But i was wondering whats suppose to go in the empty spot next to the heated seat switch? I have a switch for a light bar im getting ready to put it. If something is meant for there, it could make drilling and cutting easier.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
Subscribed for the answer. I started another thread about the blanks to the left of the steering wheel column, but if there is switch access in this location it too could be a viable location.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,861 Posts
I may have over looked it in the threads. But i was wondering whats suppose to go in the empty spot next to the heated seat switch? I have a switch for a light bar im getting ready to put it. If something is meant for there, it could make drilling and cutting easier.
I was thinking of putting the switches for my lights there but figured they would be in the way there. I ended up putting them on the cover to the fuse box. Still easily accessible but out of the way... And I did not have to remove any interior trim to run the wiring harness...I posted pic somewhere on this forum.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
I think he's talking about the small plastic cover that is next to the change holder; it looks like it could be popped out from underneath and a switch or something installed there. It's just to the left of the passenger heated seats toggle switch.

·
Registered
2012 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AO River, your correct. Ive the console trim before and it doesnt pop out. I prefer that spot since Im always shifting. Ill just drill and put the switch next to the seat heat switch.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Outback Limited w/ moonroof
227 Posts
Pictures are king!

I've wondered this too - is it for the illumination kit? The square blank to the left of the passenger heated seat switch.

It seems odd for it to have zero function - why not make the change holder bigger??

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
my guess is that it is based off of what is in the subaru outback the rest of the world gets but is not offered in north america. i know our cars are built in indiana, but im sure they're still designed else where and SOA alters those designs. an SI drive knob goes in between the heater switches, just like whats in older outbacks and some STIs.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
I believe in EU (and elsewhere) the empty slot is for rear view mirrors heater switch.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
AnGeor and Adymax - I think (if I am not mistaken) the original question/inquiry was about 2012 Outback (not 2013 Outback)...

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
Also, when I drove the Forester Diesel (MT) in Austria last year, it appeared that those came from Indiana assembly plant, while the rest of EU may be getting their Subarus directly from Japan. There was a talk, that Saab will revitalize their assembly plant in Trollhattan (Northern Sweden) assembling some Subaru models there, but nothing was for sure. There is also a talk up there that Saab will start producing full electric vehicles (on 9-3 platform), once the bakruptcy is consumed and closed. Lot of rumours but nothing for sure. The main problem is still GM....

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Pictures are king!

I've wondered this too - is it for the illumination kit? The square blank to the left of the passenger heated seat switch.

It seems odd for it to have zero function - why not make the change holder bigger??

Oh, that little square outline. No clue, but it definitely has nothing to do with the interior illumination kit.

·
Registered
2011 2.5 Limited Cypress Green
573 Posts
I love how the Euro-Spec models have a McIntosh sound system, we certainly got the shaft this side of the pond...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts