Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2002 outback
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to run a few wires from the cabin into the engine bay. is there any easy access thru the firewall?

·
Registered
2005 Legacy 2.5i Wagon 4EAT; 2005 Forester XS 4EAT
672 Posts
Annnnddd.... what if you have a VDC like mine which is almost impossible to see anything behind the carpet thanks to the rubberized mat material stuff?

Cardoc mentioned a grommet near the brake booster. I haven't had the chance to investigate further.

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,320 Posts
Annnnddd.... what if you have a VDC like mine which is almost impossible to see anything behind the carpet thanks to the rubberized mat material stuff?

Cardoc mentioned a grommet near the brake booster. I haven't had the chance to investigate further.
You still don't have that amp wired in?

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
41 Posts
I used the spot that the clutch pedal would have been, but I have an auto. It was great, not had to get to, and you could put a big wire through it if you wanted too. There was a rubber hung in there I just drilled a whole in it. And stuck the wire through. It worked great, good luck.

·
Registered
2002 outback
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used the spot that the clutch pedal would have been, but I have an auto. It was great, not had to get to, and you could put a big wire through it if you wanted too. There was a rubber hung in there I just drilled a whole in it. And stuck the wire through. It worked great, good luck.
EXCELLENT! i also have an automatic. thanks.

·
Registered
2002 Outback 2.5
41 Posts
If you pull the air box it's a ton easier to get in there. It will only come out into the engine bay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts