Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 2.5 with E/S, Lapis Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope the new 2.4 turbo makes its way to the Outback sooner than later. Those early reviews of the engine on the mammoth Ascent are surprisingly positive. It could make for a fun ride once fitted to an OB! >:)

*crossing fingers*

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
603 Posts
I really hope the new 2.4 turbo makes its way to the Outback sooner than later. Those early reviews of the engine on the mammoth Ascent are surprisingly positive.
I read something on that earlier today as well; The reviewer seemed to be quite satisfied that the Ascent could get out of its own way.

Maybe on the '20 Outback (if it is still around), then it might be a reason to accept the idea that the 3.6 may not be long for this world. For now, they will do nothing that will steal the thunder of their newest model. To avoid a Tribeca fiasco it is probably an all-hands effort on making sure the Ascent gets all of the positive press and attention.

It is believed that there will be some sort of EV variant coming out for one of the models this winter. That too is going to keep them busy in hyping up that product release.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,119 Posts
I read something on that earlier today as well; The reviewer seemed to be quite satisfied that the Ascent could get out of its own way.
I poked around one at Mike Shaw today.

The engine bay is huge, the thing is huge.

The sway bar bushings were interesting, and not a huge surprise. It was hard to see the CVT mount in the showroom during a press release. But, the void is the same as the OB 3.6 HT CVT. I will bet a B*stard on it.

·
Premium Member
2007 2.5 L Obsidian Black Outback XTL
603 Posts
I poked around one at Mike Shaw today.

The engine bay is huge, the thing is huge.

The sway bar bushings were interesting, and not a huge surprise.
LOL! Were you under there with a pair of calipers to measure the dimensions of the bushings and the CVT mount? You are pretty dedicated to the goal of being one of the first aftermarket manufacturers for that model!

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited 2.5 with E/S, Lapis Blue
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Maybe on the '20 Outback (if it is still around), then it might be a reason to accept the idea that the 3.6 may not be long for this world. For now, they will do nothing that will steal the thunder of their newest model. To avoid a Tribeca fiasco it is probably an all-hands effort on making sure the Ascent gets all of the positive press and attention.

It is believed that there will be some sort of EV variant coming out for one of the models this winter. That too is going to keep them busy in hyping up that product release.
Yes, no way the 2.4 will go into the 2019 OB. My bet is on the 2020.

It was confirmed a few days ago that a hybrid version of the Crosstrek will be available this Fall/Winter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts