Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT, Crystal White Pearl
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for properly setting the equalizer? Either with recommended settings for specific audio types, or some explanation of the logic behind those settings.

At least with the Harmon Kardon system, we can adjust the low, mid, high, as well as the balance and fade. I usually bump the low end a few notches, and drop the high end, and leave balance/fade in the middle of the car. should I do something different?

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT Black on Ivory
1,897 Posts
There are no "right answers". Do whatever sounds right to your ears and musucal tastes.
For myself, I find the center dash speaker a little overpowering . I also feel that it steals seperation. My eventual goal is to disconnect it but for now, I generaly run my Eq at +1,0 and +3 ( but tweek it from there as I switch musical genres). However, I always run the fader set over the rear seat hump. ( JUst over my right shoulder) Bringing the fader back seems to de-emphasize that center speaker.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Touring XT
14 Posts
I also move the fader to the back about 3-4 click, but found out that rear speakers are weak. And, feel that Subwoofer in the trunk is not working at all ( compared to front speakers)..... anyone feeling the same?

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5
410 Posts
I usually fade about 75% to the front.
(Go to a concert, the band is in front, no? ;)
Eq really depends on the speakers and if you have a sub or not.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT in Autumn Green Metallic
829 Posts
You should set sound to just front speakers and then fade it back to just where it sounds full but without you identifying the sound as coming from the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts