Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Subaru Outback Wagon with a 2.5 from a family member. Before I got it, I know the passenger side front knuckle broke in half and the previous owner had to have things replaced but I'm not sure what all the replaced and what they possible just threw back on even if it was in bad shape (They used what I would consider a very terrible back yard mechanic who over charges for any job)
I've had it for around two months now and have had it in the mechanic twice already for the same problem. They just replaced my brakes on the wheel I assume the sensor is bad as they said the brake caliber was eating the brake pads and rotor. As to try and avoid another expensive trips for the problem not to be corrected, I'm looking into it myself as I've already got a hefty amount put into the car on repairs not even including the amount I paid for the thing.

I have an Error SS/Error 55 on my trip odometer along with an abs light that comes and goes. However I also have a CEL with two codes. P2138 which comes back to a Accelerator Petal Placement Sensor and then a P0500 which is a speed sensor A error. The light sometimes reset but when it comes back on the car will put itself into limp mode and won't go over 1k rpms and I have to pull over, turn off the car wait ten seconds then start it before I can get it back on the road.
This is my second Subaru (The first time around didn't go so well) and I wouldn't by any means call myself a mechanic but I have a small amount of experience and can get most jobs done. That being said I have no clue where to even start with this. How can I further identify the problem or do I just start replacing sensors? 😅Any advice is welcome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts