Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback Premium, 2.5 6-Speed
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So...because i was born and raised in Sweden I fairly regularly visit the Swedish websites for different auto manufacturers to see what models they offer over there that we don't see as well as what different options they offer on the models we do see in the US.

One of the interesting options they offer for the Outback in Sweden is a light bar. Anyone have any idea whether this would fit on the US-spec Outback and, if so, what the best way to get these European accessories here in the US would be?

Check out some of the accessories offered in Sweden:

Outback - Subaru

Click on "Exteriör" to see the light bar.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I would also love the hood that comes with the Diesel model (with the hood scoop)...

·
Registered
'00 AT w/ LSD
62 Posts
Lightbar to be over 1k USD with lights, but it also looks pretty smooth... I'd be interested to see if it becomes available aftermarket in the US.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I would expect it to be cheaper here if it becomes available.

In Sweden all prices are listed including tax, which is 25% on all non-food items (at least that's what it was when I moved).

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Yeah, I would expect it to be cheaper here if it becomes available.

In Sweden all prices are listed including tax, which is 25% on all non-food items (at least that's what it was when I moved).
Yea but you get a refund on the 25% VAT tax when you go through boarding and customs at Arlanda airport.
Thanks for reminding me to throw some of these things in my luggage next time I visit friends and relatives in Stockholm.

·
Registered
2012 Outback Limited 2.6 Ruby Red
55 Posts
I really like the LED Daytime Runing Lights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea but you get a refund on the 25% VAT tax when you go through boarding and customs at Arlanda airport.
Thanks for reminding me to throw some of these things in my luggage next time I visit friends and relatives in Stockholm.
I did not know that. I'll have to keep that in mind next time I go to visit my folks. Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
5,051 Posts
That bar looks really clean. I believe it is part of the front license plate bracket attachment. If you live where you have no front plates then it might be an issue. I actually like that better than the rally innovations bar that I have...

·
Registered
Carmel Bronze Outback Premium 2.5 CVT
46 Posts
I agree but explore the site for skid plates!

Click the SKYDD link takes you to skid plates and LARGE mudguards and other goodies.

As for the light bar nice! Check light forces bar ( lightforce.net.au ) very similar.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback Limited 2.5i Dark Blue Pearl/Ivory w'Eyesight
703 Posts
I like the idea of the interior rear window shades.

·
Registered
29 Posts
PS as far as I know in markets like sweden or germany the ob is an expensive car and the market forthem is a lot smaller than here---but the buyers there have a lot more options, like diesel or even natural gas fueled engine, at least in Germany. Another example of a product getting dumbed down for our market IMO.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6R Ltd
44 Posts
That sucks that the European market gets the good stuff. Is it possible for the US to get our hands on some of this stuff? One would think its as easy as having our dealer order the part. I like the McIntosh stereo. That has to sound sweet!

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
3,225 Posts
I kind of like some of the cargo area options, the track system and the rear seatback protection look nice.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts