Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5 Touring, 2019 Crosstrek Limited, 2005 WRX
259 Posts
First heard of this today. I have a "smart home" with google home, various lights and switches, Nest thermostats, etc. Eve for Subaru will allow people to control and monitor various aspects of their smart homes from their car. This uses Starlink and there is a subscription fee. Why someone would prefer this over using their smartphone I don't know. Seems like it duplicates smart phones functionality.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m not aware of any other solution that does proper validation of device management (i.e. if you ask Eve for Subaru to close the garage and lock the door, it checks to make sure it happened).

There is no other system that will inform the user visually while in their car.

Managing devices across multiple platforms and automating across multiple platforms with an in-vehicle interface is also unique to this app.

And finally, drivers are not supposed to use their smartphone while driving ;)

·
Registered
18 Outback 3.6r Touring
547 Posts
For FREE I can simply pull over or drive into a parking lot, whip out my phone and control my home WITH validation. Why do I need to pay for this? And what additional benefits would this really give me? Seems like another distraction people don’t need while driving.
JUST SAY NO!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Eve for Subaru is terrible and shame on Subaru for offering it. I stupidly signed up for it, registered, and then could not even access it to set up. I called Eve for Subaru for help. All you get is a recording to leave a message and supposedly they will call you back. I left countless messages, never called me back. Used THEIR online form to request assistance probably three times, no response. Went to their facebook account and left messages, and finally posted complaint to their site....STILL NO RESPONSE. At this point I am only trying to cancel because I’ve been charged $ 25.99 for an accout I cannot access. Now here we are a year later and they are charging me again. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR EVE FOR SUBARU. At this point I consider them a fradulent company. You cannot get a person on the phone, they do not respond to any communication, and they ignore your requests to cancel and continue charging you. I will never buy another Subaru again, simply because of Eve. Eve created problems, headaches I am still delaing with a year later. SHAME ON YOU SUBARU!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts