Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2011 OB I bought from US. Later I have shipped the car to Europe and have noticed some differences between the American and European versions.

One general issue with all cars is that in the US only odd frequencies of the FM radio works (ie. 95.1, 95.3 ...). In the Europe also the even frequencies are in operation (ie. 95.1, 95.2, 95.3, 95.4 ...). Is there a way to enable these frequencies in the car radio?

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,111 Posts
Which trim level Outback do you own? The Premium and Limited come standard with a Harman Kardon head unit and I believe it was an option on the base model. Most high end stereos have a choice of which zone being used. Obviously, you'd want to switch yours from U.S. to European. I understand your question is, "But how do I switch it over?" Suggestions in order of usefulness:

1. Check the owner's manual - online if you don't have the book. Probably won't help though. They are written with the assumption that everyone is an idiot.
2. Find the exact radio model number and Google/search for details on how to or if you can change the tuning to both even and odd.
3. Buy an aftermarket head unit that has that feature.
4. Listen to AM (Short Wave).
5. Hit it with a large hammer and listen to the rest of the world instead. JKD

1 - 2 of 2 Posts