Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time Subaru guy. I have been trolling this forum for years and never have made a post.

I am the happy new owner of an ‘18 Limited!!! Traded a ‘15, what an improvement!

If your looking into an extended warranty or maintenance program I urge you to contact:

Luke Corcione
Financial Services Manager Stamford Subaru
Main: 203-252-2222

He hands down will beat any dealer for the warranty and maintenance pricing. The process was simple, and he provided excellent customer service! He made it all work over the course of a few emails, and thousands of miles apart! His pricing makes this added security a “no brainer”....

Thanks Luke

·
Registered
2018 Outback Premium 2.5i
146 Posts
What are the "improvements" you noticed from a 2015 besides extra bells and whistles?

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited Tungsten Metallic
46 Posts
What are the notable improvements

Hi!
I am also interested in the notable improvements in your new 2018 Outback.
I have a 2015 2.5i Limited (no ES) on lease until June. We have been happy with our first Subaru, and have been leaning toward buying out the residual and keeping it, rather than getting a newer Subie when the time comes. Much as we like to have new vehicles, I have other things I'd like to spend the $16K difference on next summer.

I've written off Nav as largely useless, and they increased the size of the clock in 2016.

The 6th Gen Outback isn't due until 2020, so my Weathertek mats and winter rims/tires should fit the 2018 or 2019 models.

Contemplating an extended warranty, but here in Canada, I think most dealers price the options largely the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi!
I am also interested in the notable improvements in your new 2018 Outback.
I have a 2015 2.5i Limited (no ES) on lease until June. We have been happy with our first Subaru, and have been leaning toward buying out the residual and keeping it, rather than getting a newer Subie when the time comes. Much as we like to have new vehicles, I have other things I'd like to spend the $16K difference on next summer.

I've written off Nav as largely useless, and they increased the size of the clock in 2016.

The 6th Gen Outback isn't due until 2020, so my Weathertek mats and winter rims/tires should fit the 2018 or 2019 models.

Contemplating an extended warranty, but here in Canada, I think most dealers price the options largely the same.
I appreciate a subtle yet significant difference. The car very much looks the same. To me, the 18 is aesthetically more pleasing. Fit and finish appear more refined.

I appreciate a more refined ride, quieter cabin, and nicer transmission. The technology and interface is vastly improved. The wheel is beefier and more ergonomic.

The navigation makes sense now. The HK sound system is vastly improved from the previous version.

This model has Eyesight and I really like it. That was not a feature of my ‘15.

These thoughts are shared by my wife.
Before we bought it last week, I scoured this forum for opinions, and thought to myself that it must not be that improved. I promise you it is... we are very happy how the car has evolved!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts