Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
ADF lifted BP
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to add a little more of an exhaust note to my Outback, and I was thinking about simply replacing the exhaust mufflers with some magaflows or something similar. I'm not interested in performance gains, just "beefing up" the note. Any suggestions?

Also - would doing anything like that require a tune after? Sorry, this is my first Suby...the whole tune thing is new.

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
No tune,also the might not make it beefier but higher pitch,I added one on my dohc neon, from stock to none was super ricer lol,but added the mangnaflow was almost as high but no back end pops and gargle after 5k rpms, spend some time looking around at them on youtube, also look at some axle back exhaust, its in the area that ur looking for,u wont need a tune

·
Registered
2008 Ford Escape XLS - 2002 Subaru Outback
246 Posts
Doing a muffler delete usually is enough to make it sound louder. That is the cheap route. Getting a un-equal length header, then do a cat back exhaust (you'll have to pick what you like most from sound videos) or axle back exhaust. That will run you $1,000+

1 - 5 of 5 Posts