Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been searching endlessly around the web for an aftermarket exhaust for my outback. No matter how hard I search, it just seems to be that no one makes any. I stumbled across one exhaust however and it may not be a direct fit but I think I can make it work. Wondering if I'm crazy or if it may actually fit or if anyone knows where I can find an aftermarket exhaust thanks.

JDM Subaru Legacy Wagon BG5 RFRB Turbo Rear Wing Spoiler Rare | eBay

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
699 Posts
I've been searching endlessly around the web for an aftermarket exhaust for my outback. No matter how hard I search, it just seems to be that no one makes any. I stumbled across one exhaust however and it may not be a direct fit but I think I can make it work. Wondering if I'm crazy or if it may actually fit or if anyone knows where I can find an aftermarket exhaust thanks.

JDM Subaru Legacy Wagon BG5 RFRB Turbo Rear Wing Spoiler Rare | eBay
When I had my 2011 Impreza 5-door, I wanted the slight gain in horsepower and the sound an aftermarket exhaust system would give. I was too "cheap" to go the route of the STi cat-back exhaust, so I went to a muffler/exhaust shop in my home area and had a Flowmaster muffler and slightly larger cat-back exhaust pipe installed. With labor, the cost was about half that of the STi system and it worked well.

·
Registered
1995 Legacy 2.2L | 2005 Outback XT 2.5L
108 Posts
Honestly, it's probably going to be very difficult to find a custom exhaust for your car. Depending on what your goals are, you might just take it to an exhaust shop and get them to do something for you.

If you want the "subie rumble" I would suggest buying some unequal length headers and getting the muffler replaced with an aftermarket resonator.

Would recommend something like this

Reactions: tom-crouch
1 - 4 of 4 Posts