Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

I've got an 09 3.0L Outback and it's been a real bitch to find a company that makes the unequal length headers for this model and year. It's only stock right now but I'll end up getting a whole new exhaust system to get that true subi rumble.

Does anyone know where I could find the unequal headers?

·
Registered
2005 Outback VDC limited 3.0r
777 Posts
H6 won't rumble as its a 6 cylinder. You COULD run a similar unequal length setup the turbo porsches run to get a cool sound. These engines do sound good, way better then the 4 cylinder fart/rumble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
H6 won't rumble as its a 6 cylinder. You COULD run a similar unequal length setup the turbo porsches run to get a cool sound. These engines do sound good, way better then the 4 cylinder fart/rumble.
lol yeah the fart/rumble isn't what I'm going for. But I've gotta get her to sound a bit mean.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Go to a local exhaust shop and have them install 2 magnaflow mufflers that are more aggressive than the factory ones. Keep the resonator or get a really good resonator so you won't have drone. Muffler deletes are extremely loud and i don't like it personally. You could always disconnect the mufflers and see if that's how loud you want the car to be.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean
66 Posts
While we are on the subject, anyone know of any good aftermarket high flow cats and headers for the H6? I have the 2008 3.0r. I only know of raptor headers (yes, I want their super charger too!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
777 Posts
While we are on the subject, anyone know of any good aftermarket high flow cats and headers for the H6? I have the 2008 3.0r. I only know of raptor headers (yes, I want their super charger too!!!)

Magnaflow high flow cats are good. I have them. Raptor headers are meh. I wouldn't recommend them at full price. If you can wait till next year TSF will have twin turbo manifold kit available for $600 usd iirc. Better to have a local person fab some good flowing headers for you. Raptor has really bad customer service, and use cheap Chinese stainless.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 3.0R L.L. Bean
66 Posts
I hope their super charger kit isn’t of the same quality.

If it is then I would want a single turbo setup.

Thanks for the heads up on parts! Magnaflow it is. I have an aftermarket catback already. It’s an eBay catback that costs $350. It definitely does not fit and took some cutting and reclocking of the flanges to fit.

It was very droney. I added a 35” J pipe made from 2.5” steel and added some sound reading in the spare tire well and now it’s not so bad.

Luckily, it sounds great under throttle, and it’s not too loud. Welds on it look alright for such a cheap exhaust and it still looks good a year and a half later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts