Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so for some background on the car, I already have a nameless axelback with 5" cans and a resonator delete. and I'm looking for recommendations on how to make it more aggressive but not sound like a Honda (nothing against them in just not a fan of that scream) something to keep the loudness but really liven it up above 4500 because under load at this point its just not cutting it.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
@traildogck or @rasterman might have some advice with their similar XTs.

or remember what 2005-2009 H6 people are running different exhaust. (maybe something those on H6 XRT tunes discuss at length)

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Not sure what you're trying to get soundwise. Subaru H6 is a very revvy, smooth engine no matter what exhaust you put on it. It's physically incapable of the STI rumble-n-pop due to cylinder count and timing, but you could probably still deepen the note with different mufflers.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,212 Posts
Not sure what you're trying to get soundwise. Subaru H6 is a very revvy, smooth engine no matter what exhaust you put on it. It's physically incapable of the STI rumble-n-pop due to cylinder count and timing, but you could probably still deepen the note with different mufflers.
true that, ...H6 have symmetrical exhaust, built for speed and silence like a bentley. (not like a diesel truck).

______

get rich quick scheme #57993:

make a knock off of the sound racer, and make a subaru rumble setting, for everyone struggling to go from place to place without it.

...maybe add cummins power setting, for those with a hemi 5.7 dodge truck.

https://www.amazon.com/GH-SRVX-SoundRacer-Model-X/dp/B01I9KLSIA/

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,306 Posts
I'd probably go with Magnaflow or Flowmaster for a deeper note, but that's probably all you're gonna get.

As much as I'd like to get a sound like a V8's deep rumble, it's not really physically possible with the 3.0 engine no matter what you throw at it.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Are you looking to keep the Nameless or No. The resonator delete either is a bad idea IMPO. If you want to deepen up the sound you need a chamber to create a resonance. Other was you just sound like a turbo blender.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you looking to keep the Nameless or No. The resonator delete either is a bad idea IMPO. If you want to deepen up the sound you need a chamber to create a resonance. Other was you just sound like a turbo blender.
I'd like to keep it if possible but what I'm really looking for is a more refined loud to what I have now.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
I'd like to keep it if possible but what I'm really looking for is a more refined loud to what I have now.
A big resonator and maybe a j-tube.

There is an exhaust formula out there somewhere that factors the resonator, pipe length and diameter and it gives you the length of the j-tube and you can get deep sound without drone or rasp.

Its hard to say tho. Diameters and lengths make all kinds of subtle differences.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts