Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought Fel-Pro Gasket Head Set HS 26170 PT-1 for my Outback 2004 4 cyl 2.5L EJ259. The actual exhaust manifold gasket has one port or hole but a new gasket from the set has two ports or holes and won't fit. I checked different years or models and found a gasket good only for 6 cyl 3.0L EZ30D. What's going on with the wrong part number or model or engine? I think I have right to replace the wrong one at no charge but there are many manufacturers specified a wrong gasket type for my engine. Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
01 Outback LL Bean
2,454 Posts
The EJ259 is a PZEV motor and sort of rare I believe, at least from your vintage. Felpro probably made a mistake. OEM exhaust gaskets from the dealer are not that expensive and may be a good option in this case. The EJ259 heads are different in a number of ways compared to a EJ251 or EJ252. Sounds like this is one of those differences. You may want to triple check all of the other gaskets. You could also try calling Felpro.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.