Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Outback 3.0 H6 VDC
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to site and my subie. so my problem is i have a 2001 outback 3.0 H6 VDC and my cat is clogged and also i have various holes in the exhaust piping as well...i've been searching internet and can not find a single exhaust system for my car, my question is does anybody know of a website or anything to help me out..any replies are a help :)

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,758 Posts
Right off the bat, WELCOME!! You picked a good model for a first one. Trust me. :D

Your best bet is to have a muffler shop custom fabricate the pipes. No one makes any good materials for the single port H6.

Why do you think the CATs are bad?

·
Registered
2001 Outback 3.0 H6 VDC
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
guy i bought it from rebuilds them and said it prolly would go out soon, and it's been running kinda sluggish...had it since december and O2 sensor already went out too

·
Premium Member
2001 VDC/SC One of a Kind
14,758 Posts
Do you have a MIL light on? And sluggish how?

Either way with the CATs, if you need the exhaust rebuilt, new CATs aren't that much more to install. Make sure the shop you use uses the proper size heavy metal spun CATs for this engine.

·
Registered
08 Outback Touring Blue/Grey w:Alpine stereo,corrosion management,front/rear swaybars/endlinks(Whiteline), King Springs, KYB struts,LWT crank pulley,K&N air filter
294 Posts
Tundra Solutions website a couple of guys took their cats used oxalic acid(sp) and soaked and then baked their cats for x hours and voila.....cleaned them up and they reused the cats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts