Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,609 Posts
can you type that in English ?

I think as per google translate German to English: you want to put a whole 2.5 exhaust on a a 3.0, which will not work. 3.0 catalytic converters and mufflers are different.

can you get anything from online dealers like Rock Auto ? or anywhere in the United Kingdom = Great Britian , or America ?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
27,609 Posts
on my moderator screen you appear to be in the west side of Germany.

in my memory:

@Toomanytoys owns a few 3.0 in the United Kingdom

@scalman also has one in eastern europe somewhere.

and maybe able to suggest easy ways to get 3.0 parts to your part of the EU.

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC/VTD/LSD 5eat , 2.8'' lift
1,933 Posts
2001 H6 its different still 3.0 have 3 cats. 2.5 have diff front .. they have same rear part only ... but you can put only 2 cats on 3.0 and still have exhaust perfect co2 so you remove at least 1 cat then. still you need 2 cats at least. for each side. its simple. just google 2.5 exhaust and 3.0 exhaust... its all very clear why
man i miss 2.5 UEL headers sound . its so good. though you can make 3.0 sound ok too , more like porsche mixed with gtr something like that. or just go straight pipe and release all **** loose,

thats 2001 H6 exhaust .. still 3 cats ... as you can see on oem.. later gen just have diff header part
p.s. you can get decent money for 3 H6 oem cats .... you can put then 2 universal cats that will make your exhaust perfect on co2 for cheap. just saying.

p.s.s you can get another old subaru for those 3 cats price from H6 if they not burned out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2001 H6 its different still 3.0 have 3 cats. 2.5 have diff front .. they have same rear part only ... but you can put only 2 cats on 3.0 and still have exhaust perfect co2 so you remove at least 1 cat then. still you need 2 cats at least. for each side. its simple. just google 2.5 exhaust and 3.0 exhaust... its all very clear why
man i miss 2.5 UEL headers sound . its so good. though you can make 3.0 sound ok too , more like porsche mixed with gtr something like that. or just go straight pipe and release all **** loose,

thats 2001 H6 exhaust .. still 3 cats ... as you can see on oem.. later gen just have diff header part
p.s. you can get decent money for 3 H6 oem cats .... you can put then 2 universal cats that will make your exhaust perfect on co2 for cheap. just saying.

p.s.s you can get another old subaru for those 3 cats price from H6 if they not burned out.
Danke für Infos. Ich brauche aber mitlere teil und Endtopf. Darum gigns mir

1 - 7 of 7 Posts