Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of performance exhausts are there for the 2.5 liter wagon, can we put wrx exhaust on?

i am getting a 97 outback wagon and lookin to do some serious mods to it... non-turbo(as of now)

·
Registered
97 Outback LTD EJ25
5 Posts
i'd say dont go and buy a ready made exhaust... get one custom made by a decent exhaust shop... a lot of the ready made bolt on systems hang down too low and most sound like crap... esp the japanese ones.. hks, apexi etc etc.. a custom 2.5" with decent rear muffler retails for around $400 - $700 over here in australia depending where you go... ive got a 2 1/2" on mine from the cat back (its 2.5" out of the cat standard) running through a single resonator and a big polished muffler at the back. i havent bothered with engine pipes as for the money they dont offer a great deal of improvement over the standard items.. just take the heat shielding off so they dont rattle ;)

·
Registered
'04 Colorado, '90 Legacy sedan
137 Posts
I've read that headers don't return much for their cost.

If you want to get a header, Borla is the one that many get, I just checked Summit Racing and they are selling Borla's for $269, Teague's has it for about $290, or you could get a Brullen for $1000+ through Subaru Planet (15hp I think). Your choice.

Happy huntin'

·
SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 100,000+ miles
4,883 Posts
I'm a big fan of Borla, IMO they make the best exhaust products period. Jarrett ask Brian (bheinz57) about his setup, his OBS is a bad mutha :4: He has Borla headers and Stromung exhaust, pretty **** sweet IMO ;) I'm not for sure if they make a Borla cat back for your car, check up on it and if not definately go for Stromung.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts