Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ubaru legacy outback 98 automatic. No alarm but not sure.

Okay so my key tip broke off in my ignition at a loves trucks stop. Went there for a shower and didn't know you needed a CDL. After threats of getting towed cuz the cylinder wouldn't turn, I called locksmith. He tore apart steering column and removed the clyinder, exposing the ignition switch. Along the way some metal touched something and arced(?) Out causing some Sparks, so he said there should be a blown fuse and there was, so we replaced it. Now when you turn the ignition switch, nothing at all happens. I'm in an automatic, and I'm pretty sure there's no safety system, but there could be.
Any help or ideas would be appreciated

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
1,265 Posts
I'd be surprised if it only took out 1 fuse when the ignition feed grounded. Look at all fuses, especially the larger amp square ones. Kick panel and under hood fuse/relay centers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay the car starts after replacing the main relay, but now windows don't work, vents/air don't work, speedometer doesn't work but radio, gas meter works.

Alternator was bad so I got a new one but it's not charging the battery.

Will check more relays today

1 - 4 of 4 Posts