Subaru Outback Forums banner

Extended warranty : Good choice for a used OB?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  peaceyall 
#1 ·
I buy recently a second hand 2008 OB. My original warranty just came at this term. It is a good choice to consider a extended one? I know that the reliability of this car is good so? But Subaru's maintenance and the parts are expensive. Higher millage will come to so I don't know exactly what kind of problems i'll get?

#2 ·
an '08 H6 is one of the cheapest-to-maintain Outbacks in the past decade... not a lot goes wrong in those.

That's not to say that you couldn't rack up a big bill with it, but I'd think a warranty to be less necessary on that specific year/model/engine than just about anything else they've made.

#4 ·
When I bought my 05 OBXT from a used car lot I did. It was an extra $2200. Warranty Solutions. They are part of Wells Fargo. So far they paid to have the following fixed at a Subbie dealer. Radiator, control arm bushings, axles, valve cover gaskets. I have an appointment this week for tie rods, leaky oil cooler, and a possible leaky oil line for the turbo. I try to group it all up cause of the $100 deductible. I gonna run it to the end of September when it expires. Than Ill granny it around. Good luck

#6 ·
Thanks Mr Lowwill! Its for this kind of problems that I consider a extended warranty…

Its true that the H6 and the XT are two different engine. I read that boxter's engine has been updated in 2007 so a good amount of problems are settled now.

But warranty for warranty, my Subaru dealer offer me a third party plan :
48 months / 80 000 KM for 1740$ (100$ deductible / 5000$ max. claim)...

#7 ·
Anyone else have good (or bad) experience with third party warranty (really insurance) providers for their used cars not eligible for SOA's extended warranty?

I'm considering one for a used 2014 Limited with 70k miles I recently purchased. I'm looking into EasyCare, Endurance, Warranty Direct, and AA Auto Protection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.