Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited Tungsten Metallic
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is only for other Outback owners in Canada.
I am about to buy out the residual on our 2015 OB 2.5i Ltd and have asked for pricing on extended warranty.
They are quoting:
Subaru Protection Plan warranty Complete Coverages (all measured from the original warranty start date and 0 kms):
6 year / 100,000km $1947 plus HST
6 year / 120,000km $2243 plus HST
7 year / 120,000km $3095 plus HST
7 year / 140,000km $3705 plus HST
with a $0 deductible.

Has anyone been able to negotiate these list prices down to a more reasonable number?
The business manager has agreed to a $0 cost detailing as part of the changeover from lease to own.

Very happy with the OB and the dealership, and don't want to taint this for the sake of a few hundred dollars.
Just looking for a little leverage. The only other Subaru dealership close to us is owned by the same guy.

Thanks
... Jimbo
p.s. It is the cost of electronics that compels me to buy extended warranty. Figure most powertrain issues would have surfaced by now, the the CVT is covered for 7 years.

·
Registered
Tungsten 2018 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ES
179 Posts
One thing to ask is about the mileage part.

Because I won't be putting on very much, I chose 7 yr / 80,000 km ( complete coverage, $0 deductible ) for $1553. + HST

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Premier w/ES Brilliant Brown with Java Brown leather
21 Posts
I did not see that option of 7 yr / 80,000 km (complete coverage, $0 deductible) when looking for a Subaru Protection Plan. Guess I should call the business manager & inquire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts