Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello- Question: I didn't purchase the extended bumper-to-bumper warranty (from 3 yr/36K) to 7yr/100K on a used Outback with 47,000 miles on it at the time of signing. My mechanic had inspected it prior to my purchase, gave me his feedback on the work he does on Subarus and common issues, on top of the dealer's Subaru CPO certification and all that. Should I have? Did anyone not buy it either, and then regret it? It seems like any trouble I woudl have would occur after 100K anyway. Thanks for any info.
Cheers,
d

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
Depends on how much it would have cost for the "bumper-to-bumper" warranty. Since it already has the 7 year/100K miles powertrain warranty, a lot of potential mechanical failures are covered.

And, if your '09 Outback has an in-service date in 2008, 7 years would be up in less than two years, correct?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought a 2010 2.5i Limited CPO a couple months ago. It had about 48k miles. After looking at the options to upgrade the extended warranty it came with I decided against it. It just didn't seem to be worth it but we'll see. I did have to have the CAM and oxygen sensor replaced about a week ago but that was covered under the warranty. I am hoping that is just a fluke.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, it would be done by 2015 and 52,000 miles, but now it is too late to get it at Subaru's uh, special rate of "899" for CPO program sold cars, had financed the warranty at the time of signing. I decided against it. Hoping for the best but now I own a super kick ass shiny inside and out Outback Wagon with only 48K on it to begin our new life together, ha ha. Well, fingers crossed. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
2013 Legacy Lim CVT Car: 2011 OB Prem 6MT Car: 2006 Miata GT 6MT mc: 2003 Honda GL1800A * Reunite Gondwanaland *
3,565 Posts
Car: 2209 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5i
Cool! Could you please fill us in on the new features for model year 2209?

...BTW, is Colorado oceanfront property, yet?

Looby

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It can fly and has lasers. Pretty 'effing cool.

I better edit that typo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts