Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I expect to pay for the Subaru Gold (I think) extended warranty? Is their a contact or dealer on here that can provide me some info? Is there any negotiating on it? I’m trying to factor in the warranty price on my purchase price for a 15 or 16 model year. I know there was an older thread at one time on this but was trying to see if any new info is available. Thank you.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
738 Posts
What should I expect to pay for the Subaru Gold (I think) extended warranty? Is their a contact or dealer on here that can provide me some info? Is there any negotiating on it? I’m trying to factor in the warranty price on my purchase price for a 15 or 16 model year. I know there was an older thread at one time on this but was trying to see if any new info is available. Thank you.
Only available on a car still under warranty or a CPO used.
As far as pricing please make use of the search feature on this site, you'll not make many friends asking question that are easily available with the search..

#subaruambassadors

Reactions: Rogier

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,259 Posts
I'm not sure you can get a Subaru Gold warranty on a used vehicle.
Sure you can, but there are different SAS plans for used vs. new vehicles.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
446 Posts
Sure you can, but there are different SAS plans for used vs. new vehicles.
In investigating this further, you are correct that Subaru Gold warranty is available for certified pre-owned (CPO) as also pointed out by Glen1959. However, unlike a new vehicle where you can wait up to 3 years to buy the extended warranty, for CPO, it's only available at the time of vehicle purchase from the dealer. That severely limits the buyer's ability to negotiate price on the warranty.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,259 Posts
... Subaru Gold warranty is available for certified pre-owned (CPO) ...
Incomplete information. Subaru CPO vehicles come standard with 7 year/100k mile power train "coverage," which can be expanded to a 7 year/100k mile "wrap around" (i.e. full-vehicle) plan at extra cost.

However, even non-CPO used vehicles are eligible for Subaru Added Security (SAS) Used plans, with coverage available up to 5 years/60k miles (from date of purchase).

Finally, as far as I know, even vehicles purchased used are eligible for the SAS New plans as long as they're still within the original 3 year/36k mile full-vehicle warranty.

https://www.subaru.com/vehicles/certified-pre-owned.html
http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...anty-subaru_added_security_form_1701_p1-2.pdf

However ... it's only available at the time of vehicle purchase from the dealer. That severely limits the buyer's ability to negotiate price on the warranty.
That's correct for SAS Used plans, and I presume (unconfirmed) that it's also true for CPO extra-cost coverage. I agree that it severely limits the ability of the buyer to negotiate price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts