Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not have the option for automatic folding mirrors from inside the cabin, but have to ask, maybe stupidly, are the 2013 2.5 Outback Touring exterior mirrors manual?

I try and turn them in and if I give it one more ounce of pressure I think they will snap. If they are manual, is there a trick to folding them. Seriously, they are not budging at all with almost maximum pre-break pressure on them. (Aside, my LeSabre exterior mirror were manual and could move them with 1 finger back and forth)

Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All important update - broke them free with some Jig-a lo and noticed the last owner, or someone put, looks like clear silicone caulking to hold them firm. Gave it a good whack and the passenger side window broke free first. So I peeled out as much junk and now, both side mirrors fold.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,803 Posts
Sometimes people fold them in as a prank, and that gets pretty old. The silicone probably was the previous owner's solution to the problem.

"Jig-a lo"?

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,803 Posts
Canadian origins - but of course. I do like these regionalisms in language and product naming that I learn from an international forum!

Their website says their product are distributed in the US, but I've never seen any of it here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts