Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have just received a new sport model.. absolutely brilliant car. Unfortunately I've had to purchase a external CD drive, problem being is that the system won't recognize or read it. Any advice in this regard would be appreciated.. Cheers & thanks. Ian

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,281 Posts
So you're trying to use a CD player like you would connect to a computer? I don't think that will work. You'll either need the Subaru accessory or one with a headphone jack that connects through the aux-in connection. Those USB ports will work for phones and flash drives though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So you're trying to use a CD player like you would connect to a computer? I don't think that will work. You'll either need the Subaru accessory or one with a headphone jack that connects through the aux-in connection. Those USB ports will work for phones and flash drives though.
Thankyou for your input, the advice given to me from the dealer would appear to be incorrect.
Thanks once again.. Ian

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT
122 Posts
Have you considered burning the CD to mp3 files and just playing those off a thumb drive or iPod or the like? I know this may sound like a daunting task but there’s software that makes very short work of it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Have you considered burning the CD to mp3 files and just playing those off a thumb drive or iPod or the like? I know this may sound like a daunting task but there’s software that makes very short work of it.
I started this practice 10+ years ago - whenever I get a CD first thing I do is rip it to MP3; makes life a lot easier.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, have burnt many, however having a new car without a CD is somewhat disappointing. As I have quiet a collection I would still like to use them, another thing is that the Subaru dealers in Sydney don't or are not interested in ordering a genuine CD player.
Thanks for your input. Cheers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts