Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick post & fix for the "Eye Sight Disabled" message

I was with a friend two months or so ago in her 2021 Forester when she got the "Eye Sight Disabled" message ... and I got the exact same message today in my 2021 Outback Limited ... in both cases it was the same problem.

As you can see in the pic there's a small piece of foam that fell down across the camera; hers was on the passenger side and mine was on the drivers side.

Easy fix, just grabbed the foam and removed it.

Hope this helps others.

Car Speedometer Light Gauge Automotive design Automotive lighting Automotive design Vehicle door Bumper Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Outback Touring XT (Abyss Blue Pearl w/ Nappa Brown Leather)
25 Posts
Just a quick post & fix for the "Eye Sight Disabled" message

I was with a friend two months or so ago in her 2021 Forester when she got the "Eye Sight Disabled" message ... and I got the exact same message today in my 2021 Outback Limited ... in both cases it was the same problem.

As you can see in the pic there's a small piece of foam that fell down across the camera; hers was on the passenger side and mine was on the drivers side.

Easy fix, just grabbed the foam and removed it.

Hope this helps others.

View attachment 520943 View attachment 520944
SOA needs to secure that foam better or not use it at all!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had the exact same thing happen a few weeks after I got my 2018 Outback. I was using a non-Subaru sun shade that snagged on that felt/foam strip around the Eyesight camera and disabled the system. I guess that's better than the Eyesight system seeing it as an obstacle and not allowing you to drive!

·
Registered
2021 Outback Premium
78 Posts
No ... that was installed long ago ...
Maybe I should have said: Is it possible that the foam got loosened in the process of installing an AutoStartStop Eliminator and over time and vibration it just fell down? When I installed my ASS Eliminator I did not pay any attention or even see the foam, so I could have 'disturbed' mine without knowing. I'll let you know when my foam falls...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts