Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to add the side body color matching moldings. The dealer is telling me that because of the lane change warning feature you can't have the body side moldings with the Eyesight because it confuses it somehow....

This just sounds stupid....can't be true can it??

·
Registered
106 Posts
They Eyesight system can't see the side of the vehicle, the dealer is incorrect. I have both on my car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They Eyesight system can't see the side of the vehicle, the dealer is incorrect. I have both on my car.

That's what I told them!! I was talking to the guy over the phone. I think he thinks it is some other option. He said "we checked with Subaru" and it can't be done....

I can't figure out what he is talking about...Going to pick up the car tomorrow and ask again face to face. Total silliness...

Thanks for the response...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Seems like nonsense to me. If the cameras can't see around the corner I have no idea how they'll see outside of the doors.

My 2013 sticker on the desk next to me shows the Ltd, Option Package 20, and "Body Side Mold Ice Silver Met" among a few other items. Seems the factory who printed the sticker would know more than the dealer.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I wanted to add the side body color matching moldings. The dealer is telling me that because of the lane change warning feature you can't have the body side moldings with the Eyesight because it confuses it somehow....

This just sounds stupid....can't be true can it??
Indeed, your dealer is stupid (see pics below). The only accessory you cannot get with Eyesight option is the Interior Illumination Kit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or lit door sills.
When i got to him face to face today he thought it was lit door sills, even though I explained painted body side moldings etc. Anyway, sorted, ordered the body side moldings.

Took delivery of car today...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
8 Participants
G-Omaha
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing