Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here to the forum and Subaru's, but I love my 2013 3.6R Limited with Nav/Eyesight. It replaced a BMW wagon, and I like my OB a lot better!

Of course, it's best to turn your engine off and put the car in neutral for an atuomatic carwash, which turns off Eyesight. Otherwise, your car could brake, etc and all sorts of catastrophy would take place.

But what do you use to cover the Eyesight cameras, just in case the carwash guys forgot you told them not to spray when cleaning the inside of the windshield? The manual says use saran wrap, which sounds like a good idea. Any other ideas out there? What do you use?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
I would consider hand washing it.
If the cameras are that delicate, you would think Subaru would have some protective caps for them.

·
Registered
323 Posts
The employees of car washes used to work in the aerospace industry.

I'm sure they will take every effort needed not to damage the cameras if you tape a twenty $$ bill over each lense.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
The employees of car washes used to work in the aerospace industry.

I'm sure they will take every effort needed not to damage the cameras if you tape a twenty $$ bill over each lense.
You also need to translate, "do not clean the windshield" into Spanish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
upflying
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing