Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Once my eyesight disabled and the wheel jerked so hard as it beeped that I hit curb and almost plowed a pole. Scared the piss out of me! These new subarus do things ive never experienced before. I never know what to expect anymore with this 2018 touring along with the surging problem. I want my old car back!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Turns out mine was broken clips on the electronic parking brake cable. It seems that when I hit a bump it was causing the cable to flex and resulted in the Eyesight error.

FYI...My red brake light was not flashing but staying solid when this happened.

Hats off to my incredible dealer who covered the whole thing as a CPO warranty. I'm very relieved.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is what showing on my dashboard (pls see attached picture)

• Brake light warning
• Eye sight disabled warning
• Lane assist and collision detection (which I think are related to Eye Sight being disabled)

Disregard the seat belt warning sign since I took the picture while not driving.
G'day all this happend to my 2015 outback yesterday. On a hunch I just now got out of the car and banged my fist along the front bumper from one side to the other jumped back in turned car off and on BINGO all the warnings are off .:oops: so I suspect sensors in the bumper need attention.
I still have a random fault with fading digital dashboard sometimes. I've never posted on line before. Hope this helps in some way.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, so went in for service - the parking brake motor connector had come unplugged - 20second fix and a zip tie to keep it in!

·
Registered
4 Posts
G'day all this happend to my 2015 outback yesterday. On a hunch I just now got out of the car and banged my fist along the front bumper from one side to the other jumped back in turned car off and on BINGO all the warnings are off .:oops: so I suspect sensors in the bumper need attention.
I still have a random fault with fading digital dashboard sometimes. I've never posted on line before. Hope this helps in some way.
I know this is an old thread, but I had to post my experience...
did the same thing you did - banged the entire length of my front bumper with my fist, and then started the engine... all the warnings were gone.

now, I’m not a mechanic, so I don’t know if this is a prudent Long term solution, but before and after the dashboard lit up with “check engine, eyesight off, brake, etc...” my car was (and appears to continue) running fine.

I’ll keep my eye on it for a bit, but this little fist banging across the bumper saved me a hassle for an appointment and probably a bit of money. Who knows what the dealership would have diagnosed as the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Any more news of a fix for this? My wife got a huge pothole, and now eyesight, lane warning, parking brake lights are all on on the dash. Car runs fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any more news of a fix for this? My wife got a huge pothole, and now eyesight, lane warning, parking brake lights are all on on the dash. Car runs fine.
since We tried the thumping trick across the bumper 2 months ago... no further issues. Frankly, I forgot about it since the outback is my wife’s commuter car. I would try solid thumps with your palm across the entire bumper and see if it’s resolves the issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
since We tried the thumping trick across the bumper 2 months ago... no further issues. Frankly, I forgot about it since the outback is my wife’s commuter car. I would try solid thumps with your palm across the entire bumper and see if it’s resolves the issue.
Thanks, I'll try that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue on a 2015 Outback 2.5l with eyesight deactivated and parking brake light flashing - going in for service in a day, so will let the forum know what the result was!
LiamT

I have the same issue with my 2014 Outback Ltd. any update as a result of the trip to the Dealership?

Thanks

21 - 30 of 30 Posts