judged a different value
due to the removal or
installation of the steering
wheel.
• The wheels are out of
balance.
• The wheels are out of
alignment.

Attached the picture. This is how it looks when I start my car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
O got my 2018 2.5 in January. One morning, I went out and the car has significant frost and ice remnants on the windshield , particularrly at the top in front of the cameras. Once it cleared, the system returned. Then the other day, after the car has sat in the driveway for several days, and no rain in the area, there was some dirt and grunge on the windshield in front of the camera right at the top. Sprayers did not get cleaner to the top of the area so wipers had a bit of trouble clearing it off. Eyesight disabled again. When the windshield finally got cleared, it returned.
Cameras have to see for it to work.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O got my 2018 2.5 in January. One morning, I went out and the car has significant frost and ice remnants on the windshield , particularrly at the top in front of the cameras. Once it cleared, the system returned. Then the other day, after the car has sat in the driveway for several days, and no rain in the area, there was some dirt and grunge on the windshield in front of the camera right at the top. Sprayers did not get cleaner to the top of the area so wipers had a bit of trouble clearing it off. Eyesight disabled again. When the windshield finally got cleared, it returned.
Cameras have to see for it to work.
I will double check if any dust marks on my windshield causing this problem. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
19 2.5i OB LTD w/SSD Strt Twr Brc + OEM 19mm RSB
1,353 Posts
Yep. Bring it in. That's not normal. Mine will disable in a hard downpour or with condensation on the glass. I don't remember getting the "Check Manual" message. Anyway, the times mine disabled, clearly (ha ha) the cameras couldn't see out the windshield.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,215 Posts
Maybe there is a spider in one of the eyesight cameras.

I stole that from an old thread here on this sight. I even found it with the usually pathetic search function.

·
Registered
6,007 Posts
Maybe there is a spider in one of the eyesight cameras.

I stole that from an old thread here on this sight. I even found it with the usually pathetic search function.

sort of what I was getting at with the cameras being unblocked... if you have kids, maybe something got stuffed up in there, etc.

·
Registered
'18 OB 2.5 Ltd, No Eyesight, No Nav
2,830 Posts
Everything clear. It's just a 1.5 month old car. I don't know what is creating this problem. I am not using any transponders near to cameras.
Is any transponder mounted on the windshield anywhere? The manual shows a gigantic area on the windshield that should be totally clear. It looks to be about 80% of the windshield. To be safe, I would not put anything on the windshield.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is any transponder mounted on the windshield anywhere? The manual shows a gigantic area on the windshield that should be totally clear. It looks to be about 80% of the windshield. To be safe, I would not put anything on the windshield.
No transponder on the windshield. I have double checked the cameras nothing blocking them. Start up message shows eyesight disabled. But, when I use the cruise it works.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts