Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Eyesight has cut out on my 2013 Outback Limited 2.4L with 69K miles. I'm looking for input on what could cause this and how to fix. I'd like to think it could be a bad fuse leading to the cameras, and will check that. Original windshield and nothing obstructing the view ahead. Clear hot Florida weather, no Canadian deep freeze. Dash shows Eye Sight with a slash through it, and last night a brief, unreadable message has flashed repeatedly in the display.
Any ideas?

·
Registered
235 Posts
We experienced the same issue with a Forester where the Eyesight would turn itself off ... turned out to be a piece of foam that had come loose above the passenger side camera that was partially blocking its view ... it was carefully removed and no issues since!

The piece of foam was about 1/8" to 1/4" in size and about 1" long.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2010 Fairplay Golf Cart
7 Posts
As an almost owner ( we bought it then canceled the deal before we took ownership because it needed a new computer, wiring harness, fuel pump, fuel rods, and other pieces and wouldn't be delivered until after the middle of July due to parts shortage) of a 2021 Outback Premium I read the owners manual on Eyesight and the limitations which can affect its performance with no indication of what change in behavior we might encounter.

We are waiting for the 2022's so wanted to get up to speed on the idiosyncrasies of Eye Sight. Thanks for whatever info you can offer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts