Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 OB Sedan 3.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now let me start with I'm not the most knowledgeable or experienced when it comes to mechanical issues on cars. I love cars but I'm new to the whole scene. Now then my 05 Outback Sedan with an EZ30R has a bouncing idle. It's only bouncing about 100-200rpm but it's noticeable. I recently had a full exhaust and headers put on it. It hasn't been tuned for that yet but I really doubt that is the issue. Note the shop that put my exhaust back on did not put the rear O2 sensors back on. I've read that the IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) could be the issue. However, when I look for this part online I can't find it for the EZ30R. I've found it for the EZ30. Being able to find the IACV for the old version of my engine and not the new has thrown me for a loop. I'd rather fix the issue myself then see a mechanic for the experience. Not to mention I enjoy working on it.

·
Premium Member
2008 JDM Outback 3.0R, 5EAT
523 Posts
Are all the vacuum lines around the intake connected up ? My EZ30R had a similar thing with the tiny hoses to the MAP sensor loose at the front of the intake.

·
Registered
2005 OB Sedan 3.0
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Are all the vacuum lines around the intake connected up ? My EZ30R had a similar thing with the tiny hoses to the MAP sensor loose at the front of the intake.
I just checked. All the lines I could see are connected up. It's possible that one of them has a hole in it. The car is 15 years old. EDIT I had another look. There was a loose vacuum line that goes on some copper tubing on the driver's side. When I reconnected it the bouncing great reduced but is still there.

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,610 Posts
Your EZ30R (yes, I know the "R" isn't the real designation) does not have an IACV. Since it's drive-by-wire (DBW), the idle control is built into the throttle control.

You should have the rear O2 sensors put back on as this ECU uses the rear O2 to help determine/calculate AFR and can affect idle quality. However, check the intake air piping (from MAF to throttle body) for leaks, loose connections, split couplers, etc. This can mess with idle quality as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.