Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'19 Outback Touring 3.6R
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title says it all.

I recently purchased "Subaru Genuine F0010AL500 Side Window Deflectors" from Amazon for my '19 Outback. The box had no Subaru markings on it. When I opened it up I found the front two pieces well wrapped in a bubble wrap envelope and the two rear pieces in a separate bubble wrap envelope. These were taped into the box to keep them from shifting during shipping. All good!

Here's my reason for concern. Other than the 'plain wrap box' (no Subaru markings), none of the pieces have any identifying markings molded into them. Every other Subaru part I have purchased has had some sort of part number, etc. molded into it.

Did I just get some knock-off parts? The price was a little less than SubaruOnlineParts but not so cheap I was expecting some Chinese fakery.

If any of you remember when you installed your deflectors, do you remember any molded in markings?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
The title says it all.

I recently purchased "Subaru Genuine F0010AL500 Side Window Deflectors" from Amazon for my '19 Outback. The box had no Subaru markings on it. When I opened it up I found the front two pieces well wrapped in a bubble wrap envelope and the two rear pieces in a separate bubble wrap envelope. These were taped into the box to keep them from shifting during shipping. All good!

Here's my reason for concern. Other than the 'plain wrap box' (no Subaru markings), none of the pieces have any identifying markings molded into them. Every other Subaru part I have purchased has had some sort of part number, etc. molded into it.

Did I just get some knock-off parts? The price was a little less than SubaruOnlineParts but not so cheap I was expecting some Chinese fakery.

If any of you remember when you installed your deflectors, do you remember any molded in markings?

Thanks,
I have the 2020 version, which unfortunately arrived broken, but it did have molded into it, next to the adhesive strip, the subaru part number. It didn't have a Subaru logo on it though. I couldn't install them since they were broken but I can send you a photo of how mine is imprinted if you want.

·
Registered
'19 Outback Touring 3.6R
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the 2020 version, which unfortunately arrived broken, but it did have molded into it, next to the adhesive strip, the subaru part number. It didn't have a Subaru logo on it though. I couldn't install them since they were broken but I can send you a photo of how mine is imprinted if you want.
Yes please! I realize 2019 vs. 2020 are different items but you would think manufacturing would be similar.

It sounds like mine were packed better than yours. Did your box have any labeling? Were your parts in bubble wrap envelopes?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yes please! I realize 2019 vs. 2020 are different items but you would think manufacturing would be similar.

It sounds like mine were packed better than yours. Did your box have any labeling? Were your parts in bubble wrap envelopes?

Thanks,
My parts were not bubble wrapped - each came in an individual plastic sleeve, which were combined 4 pieces into one big plastic bag, with no bubble wrap or stuffing/padding of any kind, in what appears to be a "factory sealed" brown cardboard box with Subaru stickers on it, but no Subaru printing on the cardboard itself.

Give me a few minutes to take pics

·
Registered
'19 Outback Touring 3.6R
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Onyx

Thanks for your quick response with the pictures!

Upon further inspection I found a small (1 1/4" x 2") label with the part number, "Subaru Corporation", "Made in Japan", etc. on the generic box. I still don't see anything molded into any of the four pieces. I even put on my reading glasses and held them under a bright light at different angles to see if anything would pop out at me.

Hopefully someone with a '15-'19 will see my plea.

·
Registered
2019 outback limited
38 Posts
I just looked on mine it has the word SUBARU in graved on the driver and the passenger ones not on the back little ones hope this helps and I also got them online from Subaru parts .com

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2 Posts
Mine came in box similar like SilverOnyx, albeit larger, each in individual plastic sleeves, wrapped in "Brown Butcher Paper", shoved in bubble wrap. Had the part number, manufacturer and made in Japan stickers on it. I think I order my set on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 outback limited
38 Posts
Mine came in box similar like SilverOnyx, albeit larger, each in individual plastic sleeves, wrapped in "Brown Butcher Paper", shoved in bubble wrap. Had the part number, manufacturer and made in Japan stickers on it. I think I order my set on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It's the same as mine

1 - 12 of 12 Posts